The Trump administration will fully restore Jim Acosta’s White House credentials, but has warned the CNN reporter that he must follow a series of rules at future news conferences.
On Twitter, CNN said: “Today the @WhiteHouse fully restored @Acosta’s press pass. As a result, our lawsuit is no longer necessary.”
The White House letter sent to Acosta Monday makes clear his credentials could be threatened again, stressing new rules for press conferences, including limiting each reporter to a single question with follow-ups at the discretion of the president.
The White House revoked Acosta’s pass after a news conference clash with President Donald Trump.
A federal judge issued a temporary order restoring Acosta’s pass last week. The White House quickly sent Acosta a letter threatening to take it away again when that order expired
The Trump administration has again targeted White House press credentials for CNN reporter Jim Acosta.
After a federal judge ordered that Acosta’s credentials be temporarily restored last week, the White House sent Acosta a letter saying it had made the “preliminary decision” to suspend his pass. The White House said Acosta would continue to hold his credentials while the 14-day judge’s order was in effect.
The White House argues Acosta did not follow “basic standards” when he scrapped with President Donald Trump at a news conference. The letter from Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Communications Director Bill Shine, says Trump is “aware of this preliminary decision and concurs.”